DaySmart Software is a dynamic and energetic company that specializes in providing scheduling and business management solutions to companies all over the world. We hire creative and passionate people to be a part of our self-motivated teams. We promote a comfortable, creative, and positive work environment. You will work with top-of-the-line tools and technologies, making your workday easier, more interesting, and just plain cool.
Our award-winning software boasts over 200,000 users in the salon, spa, pet grooming, and tattoo industries. DaySmart is a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, and has been named one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by Inc. 500|5000 seven years in a row.
DaySmart employees are empowered to make a difference each and every day they come to work. We are a small company (about 80 employees) which enables us to change directions quickly in a very competitive marketplace.
Transparency is a core value of DaySmart. Every two weeks the executive team hosts a morning meeting, catered breakfast provided, to share with all employees what is happening with the company at a high level. Employees are encouraged to ask questions and openly discuss any topics they deem worthy.
Great people and great location. The team at DaySmart embraces new ideas and applauds those who challenge the status quo. We’re all in this together, now let’s get to work and have some fun!
Core Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Lead the DevOps scrum team using AGILE processes (e.g., retro/sprint planning, daily standups, backlog grooming)
- Design, build, and maintain CI/CD pipelines, using code, configuration, build, deploy, and monitoring tools
- Integrate automated testing and feedback into pipelines (unit, component, end-to-end, performance, etc.)
- Understand and setup application quality/health monitoring tools
- Setup and maintain software configuration systems and repos
- Analyze and adopt new tools related to building, deploying, and monitoring software systems, while informing best practices
- Be able to mentor entry level engineers in the art of DevOps
- Produce DevOps templates that can be adopted by teams and trainees
- Review solutions and ensure they conform to best practices
- Required Technical Skills
- Good programming/scripting experience (e.g., Powershell, Python, Groovy, Node.js)
- Strong Windows system administration
- Strong cloud infrastructure experience with AWS
- Configuration as code and automation tools (e.g., CloudFormation)
- Build tools for CI/CD and quality (e.g., Git, Jenkins/Jenkins Pipeline, Cucumber, SonarQube)
- Networking (e.g., DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, TLS, ...)
- Supporting tools for app/process monitoring, logging, etc. (e.g., New Relic, CloudWatch, AppSee)
- Experience with FaaS technologies (e.g., AWS Lambda, Serverless Framework)
Benefits & Perks
- Company sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families, eligible on first day of employment.
- Paid Vacation Time and company holidays eligible on day one of employment
- 401K plan with corporate match; immediately vested
- Weekly catered lunches, bi-weekly catered breakfast
- Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers
- State-of-the-art office and technology tools