DaySmart Software is seeking a highly qualified Software Quality Assurance Engineer in our Raleigh North Carolina office.
We are a dynamic and energetic company that specializes in providing scheduling and business management solutions to companies all over the world. We hire creative and passionate people to be a part of our self-motivated teams. We promote a comfortable, creative, and positive work environment. You will work with top-of-the-line tools and technologies, making your workday easier, more interesting, and just plain cool
- Applies expertise related to estimating, designing, developing and executing automatic test procedures and cases based on requirements relevant to automated test planning and creation for product and system testing
- Writes effective manual and automated test cases for automated frameworks
- Assists developers in reproducing problems and getting them resolved; participates in design activity with other programmers on technical aspects relating to testing, including functional specifications, design parameters, feature enhancements, and alternative solutions
- Analyzes and understands each product’s environment, architecture, and interdependencies to determine and apply appropriate test methodologies and cases relative to applications being tested
- Designs, develops, and executes reusable and maintainable automated scripts; plans and executes functional and system level testing of products across all platforms to test various features; applies expertise and understanding of issues that may arise around automated/load testing and assists in researching and providing solutions and to add, modify, or enhance previously recorded automated scripts
- Actively supports and provides guidance on the company's software engineering and test processes, procedures, standards and customer use cases
- Establishes and maintains thorough and accurate documentation of all work including status updates to summarize project highlights
- Works closely with Software Developers, Software Engineers, Product Managers and other departments (Operations, Support and IT)
- Participating in Agile working practices such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews & retrospectives
Required Technical Skills
- Experience with Functional, Integration and Regression testing frameworks
- Experience building automation test scripts for both web, mobile and desktop applications
- Experience with testing frameworks (Cucumber, Espresso, PHPUnit, JUnit)
- Familiarity with the Page Object model design pattern
- Experience in creating test cases/user stories from business reqs
- Working knowledge of Selenium or Cypress
- Working experience with productivity tools (JIRA, asana, trello, slack)
- Knowledge of tools and technologies used in CI/CD
- Strong understanding of automated testing for web based API such as REST and Web Services
Our award-winning software boasts over 200,000 users in the salon, spa, pet grooming, and tattoo industries. DaySmart is a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, and has been named one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies by Inc. 500|5000 eight years in a row.
DaySmart employees are empowered to make a difference each and every day they come to work. We are a small company (about 100 employees) which enables us to change directions quickly in a very competitive marketplace.
Transparency is a core value of DaySmart. Every two weeks the executive team hosts a morning meeting, catered breakfast provided, to share with all employees what is happening with the company at a high level. Employees are encouraged to ask questions and openly discuss any topics they deem worthy.
Great people and great location. The team at DaySmart embraces new ideas and applauds those who challenge the status quo. We’re all in this together, now let’s get to work and have some fun!