Looking for candidates who are within commutable distance to Ann Arbor, MI for occassional team building and collaboration.
DaySmart is a provider of business management software that specializes in providing scheduling and workflow solutions to businesses around the world. We provide award-winning business software to thousands of users in a variety of industries.
As a Billing Coordinator, your primary responsibility will be to ensure accurate and timely billing processes within the organization. You will work closely with various departments, including finance, accounting, and customer service, to facilitate the billing cycle from start to finish. Your attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure will be crucial for success. This role will own the past due collections process for the Billing Team so we’re looking for someone who is ambitious and able to work independently.
- Facilitate accurate and timely collection of past due amounts
- Review aging reports to identify delinquent accounts
- Maintain open lines of communication with customers to resolve billing disputes, answer inquiries, and negotiate payment
- Generate and speak to aging reports on a regular basis with management
- Collaborate with management to implement effective collections strategies and policies
- Work with outside agencies to escalate accounts as required
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers while enforcing payment obligations.
Billing Process Management:
- Review and verify accuracy of billing information, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures
- Generate and distribute invoices to clients/customers accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain billing records and documentation for auditing and reference purposes
- Resolve billing discrepancies and issues promptly by coordinating with relevant departments and clients
- Enter billing data into the billing system accurately, including client information, services provided, pricing, and any additional charges or adjustments
- Update customer accounts with payment details, adjustments, and other billing-related information
- Ensure data integrity and confidentiality by following data security protocols.
- Monitor and track payment receipts, ensuring timely and accurate application of payments to customer accounts
- Coordinate with clients/customers to resolve payment issues, answer inquiries, and provide assistance regarding billing matters
- Collaborate with the finance department to reconcile billing and payment discrepancies
Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare regular reports on billing activities, including outstanding invoices, payment status, and accounts receivable aging
- Analyze billing data to identify trends, patterns, and areas for improvement in the billing process
- Provide recommendations to management for streamlining billing procedures and improving efficiency
Communication and Collaboration:
- Maintain effective communication with internal teams, including finance, accounting, sales, and customer service, to resolve billing-related issues and address customer inquiries
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement process improvements and ensure accurate billing procedures
- Must be within commutable distance to Ann Arbor, MI for occassional team building and collaboration
- 3+ years of experience as a Billing Coordinator or similar role
- 1+ years of experience in collections
- Proficiency in using billing software and accounting systems
- Strong knowledge of billing principles, procedures, and relevant regulations
- Excellent numerical and data entry skills with a keen attention to detail
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with customer service principles and practice
DaySmart is committed to creating a diverse employee environment and is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.